Extension Research Scientist
Extension Water Quality Specialist
C11 Plant Science Building
- Nitrogen and irrigation management, particularly as related to ground water quality.
- Irrigation with high nitrate water
- Socioeconomic factors affecting adoption of Best Management Practices
- Aquifer sensitivity/vulnerability to nitrate and pesticide contamination on field regional scales
- Evaluation of atmometers for predicting reference evaporation
- Uses of linear polyacrylamide to prevent erosion in different environments Evaluation of the impacts of waste drilling fluids on physical and chemical soil properties and crop production
Extension & Outreach
- Responsible for conducting statewide outreach and educational program focusing on preventing ground water contamination from nutrients and pesticides through the adoption of Best Management Practices. This program targets all users of fertilizers and pesticides including farmers and other rural landowners, urban homeowners,
crop advisers and commercial applicators.
- Ground water pollution prevention through private wellhead protection
- Improving irrigation management through improved record keeping and irrigation scheduling, particularly through ET-based methods